Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2 / Toyota MR2 Roadster / iveco 45/15 Long wheelbase Hightop Prison van /MotorHome Coni
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All As you can gather from my title i have a Moaning Rear Diff! on the Sportage
Now this Toyroader has ESP (Electronic Stability Program) ? and Wires going into the Diff!
In my Old Landy days i would have squirted some Molyslip in there without any hesitation!
But with all this ESP Stuff! Would it be Ok to do So or Not
What could happen if i did squirt some molyslip in there?:confused:
Thanks in advance Nev..

·
Registered
09 Kia sportage. 13 Mazda CX9, 05 Mazda6, 97 Mazda 626, 92 Probe GT Turbo.
169 Posts
I had the same issue and just got done fixing it. In my case it was the carrier bearing in the rear end. Problem is that Kia doesnt sell a replacement. Or even a replacement seal. So you have to buy the entire assembly pre-assembled for $758.87.

I thought that was total bullshit, and decided to find the parts myself and rebuild the unit. The bearing to replace it is a universal 6008Z bearing. I got mine for like $13 shipped online.

The seal that you will have to replace is also not available from Kia or anywhere else. But i was able to cross reference the seal back to the maker, and cross referenced it in there system. And figured out they used the exact same seal on the 2005e era cadillac escalades on there transfer cases. Which actually have aftermarket replacements! So i ordered one of those up blindly hoping it would be right, and guess what? Perfect fit!! So the seal you will need is a National 710682. And cost about $30 bux.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2 / Toyota MR2 Roadster / iveco 45/15 Long wheelbase Hightop Prison van /MotorHome Coni
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You for your very useful info on this subject and i will certainly
be checking all this out for mine!
all the best Nev..:D

·
Registered
2006 KIA Sportage
1 Posts
I had the same issue and just got done fixing it. In my case it was the carrier bearing in the rear end. Problem is that Kia doesnt sell a replacement. Or even a replacement seal. So you have to buy the entire assembly pre-assembled for $758.87.

I thought that was total bullshit, and decided to find the parts myself and rebuild the unit. The bearing to replace it is a universal 6008Z bearing. I got mine for like $13 shipped online.

The seal that you will have to replace is also not available from Kia or anywhere else. But i was able to cross reference the seal back to the maker, and cross referenced it in there system. And figured out they used the exact same seal on the 2005e era cadillac escalades on there transfer cases. Which actually have aftermarket replacements! So i ordered one of those up blindly hoping it would be right, and guess what? Perfect fit!! So the seal you will need is a National 710682. And cost about $30 bux.
Are you talking about the bearing in the coupler?

·
Registered
09 Kia sportage. 13 Mazda CX9, 05 Mazda6, 97 Mazda 626, 92 Probe GT Turbo.
169 Posts
Are you talking about the bearing in the coupler?
I could be. Its the section on the tail end of the rear end. Where the driveshaft connects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts