Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I currently own a 1997 Kia Sportage 4WD 4cyl model. The problem started with stuttering, hesitation, check engine light coming on, then total shutdown. The timing belt was replaced and it ran fine for about a week, then it started acting up in the same manner as before. Now it won't crank. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the problem? (Hopefully the "axeman" will read this one too!) lol

Thank you for ANY help you can give!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently my husband drove it today and said that it ran fine! Does it make any sense that it would have the problems I stated before and then after sitting for 3 or 4 days, it runs fine? I am so confused about this thing! lol By the way, it would turn over but would not crank in answer to the posting. Thanks for any answers you may have!

·
Registered
349 Posts
When you hit the ignition switch the starter motor "turns over" or "cranks" the engine.

Therefore...."crank" and no start and "turn over" and no start are the same thing. The engine cranks....but doesn't start. A "no crank" or "no turning over" would happen if you had a dead battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts