Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Cool story. On behalf of all the drivers in oncoming traffic that you will be blinding I offer a thank you.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
484 Posts
Cool story. On behalf of all the drivers in oncoming traffic that you will be blinding I offer a thank you.
lol :p

I never understood why people would put HID's for foglights. A bulb tends to be bright enough. Especially if you already have HID lights for the low beams.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Exactly. People seem to not understand that slapping HIDs into halogen housings is a hazard and there is a reason it is illegal in most states. Whether the cops enforce it is another story.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage 2.0 FWD Auto
12 Posts
I feel foglights are exactly that . . . . fog lights. Lights you turn on in foggy conditions to enhance visibility for both yourself and other drivers. Should you end up in a bank of fog one day, you'll be able to see absolutely ziltch. Why can't people understand that?
Slapping in HID's for fog lights would be the same as replacing your wiper blades with feathers because it would look nice and not make that irritating scrathing sound when you turn them on.....:confused:
But will it then perform the function it was designed for?

Yes, I have swapped my low beams for HID's and changed the interior lights to LED, but I feel there are limits to everything. Just my penny's worth...

·
Registered
2006 Lexus gs300, 2011 optima SX, 2012 Sportage EX Premium
51 Posts
I can say that i have never been blinded by fog light Hids on any vehicle.. If they are behind you, Guess what? We have auto dimming rear view. If they are oncoming do not look straight at them. Yes it i mostly for looks but at the end of the day to each their own. People get so dramatic over nothing. Keep the fog hids and post pics. My .02

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
I can say that i have never been blinded by fog light Hids on any vehicle.. If they are behind you, Guess what? We have auto dimming rear view. If they are oncoming do not look straight at them. Yes it i mostly for looks but at the end of the day to each their own. People get so dramatic over nothing. Keep the fog hids and post pics. My .02

:rolleyes:

You don't have to look straight at them in order for them to be a distraction. You should write Congress and let them know to remove any law dealing with vehicle modification because after all, if people don't like it they can just stay home. What an amazingly simplistic viewpoint on the matter, I never really thought about it like that. We should just adopt that line of logic for all of life's problems. Don't like robbery? Well don't get robbed! Don't like money going out of your bank account? Don't pay your bills! AWESOME.

:lol:

·
Registered
2006 Lexus gs300, 2011 optima SX, 2012 Sportage EX Premium
51 Posts
I do not even know how to respond to that. How can you compare robbing to vehicle modification?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
484 Posts
I think he is trying to say that you can't use the logic of "don't look at them if you don't like them". If someone is coming at me head on and they have bright fog lights or bright head lights, I can't just look away, I kind of need to be looking straight ahead of me since I do like to pay attention to the road ahead.

plus, with no added benefit of having HID fog lights, why would you do it? You can get fog light bulbs that match the K value of your HID head lights but won't be blinding to oncoming drivers? Obviously it's the guys choice if he does it, but it's a little bit easier on the eyes of the other drivers in the world.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,057 Posts
Facts and logic mean little to low information modders............

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
I think he is trying to say that you can't use the logic of "don't look at them if you don't like them". If someone is coming at me head on and they have bright fog lights or bright head lights, I can't just look away, I kind of need to be looking straight ahead of me since I do like to pay attention to the road ahead.

plus, with no added benefit of having HID fog lights, why would you do it? You can get fog light bulbs that match the K value of your HID head lights but won't be blinding to oncoming drivers? Obviously it's the guys choice if he does it, but it's a little bit easier on the eyes of the other drivers in the world.
Bingo!

Facts and logic mean little to low information modders............
And that as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts