Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

DOes anyone know the biggest rim size i can put on the 2012 Kia Sportage. I was thinking 22 inch. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think that the 22 inch 5x114 will fit, but not sure about the offset and tyre sizes.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
978 Posts
Someone posted a video of a Sportage with 22" rims, I think from somewhere in the Caribbean? I have some lightweight 20's for the summer (TSW Interlagos wtih Hankook V12 rubber)...if only there was a big brake kit available.

Now cue the posts regarding harsher ride, deteriorated performance, etc...

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Forgetting all the objective reasons why huge wheels are a bad idea; they just look plain stupid to most people who aren't trying to live in a rap video.

·
Registered
2013 sportage SX
127 Posts
Off topic

How can we get the fog lights to be turned on independently w/o the low beams on?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Bigger wheels certainly could make the Sportage's ride assbad.

I made a thread on it a while back. If anyone wants large rims, it's only for appearance, since it compromises handling and comfort and price. Tire sidewalls improves ride comfort, and the suspension performance depends on geometry expected with OEM size wheels. As well, I have one car with OEM low-profile tires, and if I have to replace a fifth shattered 600$ rim, I'm buying all new proper-size rims & tires.

If anyone is interested in improving performance, there are lighter wheels than Kia's OEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts