Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here goes, I have been working on my sister's sportage, it started last week when traveling down I-20. sudden loss of power and the automatic trans not shifting correctly. I changed the Spark Plugs it smoothed out most of the rough Idle. Same problem existed. We have tested the Alternator it was good, I changed out the fuel filter still same problem.

the symptoms are you can crank the engine, runs a little rough, then you are able to rev the engine. sometime the engine tries to cut back like a loss of air or fuel. then when put in reverse it travel fine just at idle. when in drive or reverse and you give it some gas, the engine cuts back. and may get up to 20mph down hill. if going up any incline you have to beg it to work.

I am thinking that it might be the Mass air flow sensor. If anyone (axeman) have any suggestions on what to try next. I am open to any help on the problem.

thanks,
Glens
:eek:

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no the cel is not on. how do you check the preheat cat? this weekend i am going to check the timing belt is there any points that you could give me before I dive in to that progect.

thanks,
glens

_____
my name has only one "n"

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today I cranked the engine with the mass air flow sensor connected and then shut off the engine and disconnected it and the engine runs the same. no change. is there anyway I can test this sensor before i plunge money into it and it not be the cause of the problem.

glens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.