Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2001 Kia,,just purchased it...its a Sportage.The interior lights dosnt work,.No power going to them,i checked with my volt meter..What could be wrong?
Also my clock light isnt working,i cant see the clock numbers.

There is also a small "clicking" noise in the drive axle,on a tight turn,,only in 4x4...is this a concern?.It dosnt click when not in 4x4.

Also,,and im sorry for all these questions...

The engine seems to have a "whistling" noise while driving,,reving a lot,,and it isnt that great on gas.
Anyone here having any,,or all these problems?
Again,im sorry for posting all these problems in one post.:(

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
For the lights , go for fuses first just incase it a simple problem. with the whistling, is the fan viscous clutch ok? if not fan is constantly spinning, may be the noise and extra drag on engine.. :cool: See attachment on how to check fan. clicking might not be a big problem, could be hub needing lube.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...for the reply

Hi i checked the fuses ,,none blown.I was also wondering if i dissconnected the belt on the air conditioning,if i would get better gas milage?
What should i expect for milage with this?
Thanks again....ill check the fan clutch.:)
Glen

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update On Clutch Fan Noise

Hi
I oiled the clutch fan,,,as best as i could.Drove it about a mile and the noise stopped.So,this just may be a temp repair..?:mellow::(
Thanks!!
Glen

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
If your aircon is not turned on it won't create much extra drag if the clutch on the compressor is working ok, the compressor will be disengaged.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again

The interior lights are another thing.No power to them...so i bought small battery operated stick on lights,for now,till i can get some info on this subject.
Also.........what gas milage should i be getting with this vehicle.I am only useing low grade gas here in Canada "regular" as we call it.Shoud i be useing a higher grade fuel?:confused:
Thanks again
Glen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts