Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 , kia , sportage, 1600 cc 140 HP
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear KIA team.
Iam owner of kia sportage 2020 in Egypt , i went to do the first maintenance at kIA agency in Egypt after 1000 km , after I finished maintenance they told me that next maintenance is after 6 months or 10,000 km.

Here is my objection that engine oil mobile 1 mileage is 10,000 Km or 1 year whichever comes first.

But they told me it is 10,000 km or 6 months whichever comes first and that as instructed by KIA Korea.

Kindly request to confirm if that is really KIA instructions or not.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
631 Posts
What engine do you have?
If its the turbo motor change your oil at 6K miles, with high quality oil filter, with good quality synthetic Mobil 1.
I might change to 10W30 due to your warm climate.
Air filters and cabin filters- keep a close eye on due to your dusty climate.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,607 Posts
Dear KIA team.
Iam owner of kia sportage 2020 in Egypt , i went to do the first maintenance at kIA agency in Egypt after 1000 km , after I finished maintenance they told me that next maintenance is after 6 months or 10,000 km.

Here is my objection that engine oil mobile 1 mileage is 10,000 Km or 1 year whichever comes first.

But they told me it is 10,000 km or 6 months whichever comes first and that as instructed by KIA Korea.

Kindly request to confirm if that is really KIA instructions or not.
To maintain the Kia warranty all you need to do is follow the maintenance schedule in your owners manual, which may be specific to your region of the world and your driving conditions.

The Kia warranty wording rules and not the suggested interval my an oil manufacturer.

As requested previously, add the detail such as engine, to your profile.

Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/account-details

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX - 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
955 Posts
Assuming the recommendations are the same as in Canada...

According to the Owners Manual, the intervals are:

Theta II 2.4L GDI

Normal Service: 12,000 km / 12 months

Severe Service: 6,000 km / 6 months

Theta II 2.0L Turbo-GDI

Normal Service: 10,000 km / 12 months

Severe Service: 5,000 km / 6 months

Richard

·
Registered
891 Posts
I was changing my synthetic at 5000 miles but since I really don't do 5000 miles in 6 months, I've gone to 6 month interval regardless of mileage. For me, it works out to April and October. In a super-hot and dusty environment I would go with 5000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. You have to be careful about using heavier oil in the desert because it can get cold at night sometimes. I think 10W-30 would be the max.

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX - 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
955 Posts
Don't you just hate when someone posts 1 post then doesn't bother coming back?

It just makes me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts