Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry: Hello folks!! this is a great forum. I have a 1997 sportage. This vehicle had several problem. First problem: ABS light always ON. Change the brake pads, bleeded the brakes. Still with with the problem. I just ignore it!

Second problem: When driving at 50 mph, it feels like it needs to shift to the final gear. RPM are very high, it causes the Check engine light to pop up.

Third: The door key lock, when I open the car all door locks pop open, now is the drivers side only. What can I doo? I juar install a new alarm system with remote door opener, however it opens the drivers side only. the other three doors stay put.

Can someone help me??

Sincerelly;

MATRUCO

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just be aware that when the ABS light is on that means the ABS system detected a fault and stored a trouble code. Plus...and this is important...the ABS system is DISABLED. So you in effect have a vehicle with no ABS even though it's installed. Ignore at your own peril.
I would suggest having the brake system professionally checked and serviced as required.

The intermittent check engine light can be fixed. Autozone will readout trouble codes for free. They will be formatted PXXXX, where XXXX will be a series of numbers. Get those numbers and post here and we can provide assistance to fix.

Can't offer any assistance on the door locks because you installed an aftermarket alarm system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Axe Man, thanks for the information. I'm still trying to find out how can I fix the door system. Could it be a relay?

Greetings,

MATRUCO
Originally posted by Axe Man@Dec 20 2004, 03:34 AM
Just be aware that when the ABS light is on that means the ABS system detected a fault and stored a trouble code. Plus...and this is important...the ABS system is DISABLED. So you in effect have a vehicle with no ABS even though it's installed. Ignore at your own peril.
I would suggest having the brake system professionally checked and serviced as required.

The intermittent check engine light can be fixed. Autozone will readout trouble codes for free. They will be formatted PXXXX, where XXXX will be a series of numbers. Get those numbers and post here and we can provide assistance to fix.

Can't offer any assistance on the door locks because you installed an aftermarket alarm system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody got a solution to my 2003 Kia Carens problem...my ABS light comes on and off. The dealer says will cost US$1500 to fix!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts