Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KIA Sportage - All Extras - 1.6 GDI Performance - Manual

Hi there, I was just wanted to let you know tha the KIA Sportage - All Extras - 1.6 GDI performance is very bad on mountainous roads. I went for a trip this weekend on mountains and the car didn't performed well. I had to drive all the time with the 2nd and 3rd gear, but mostly with 2nd gear. The panel was showing me to add 4th gear but when I did the car didn't accelerate at all and also it was like trying to push a donkey to walk. We were only 3 persons on the car, 2 adults (65kg each) and one child 12kg lol.

I had the A/C on, we have 40c at this period of time.

The car performs perfect on highways and cities and is very economical.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
The 1.6 GDI belongs in the RIO, not a medium-sized CUV. I test-drove 2.4 Sportage and considered its performance only just acceptable.

·
Registered
VW Passat 1996 1.6
21 Posts
I have driven a Sportage 1.6 GDI for a year now and I'm very pleased with the engine. It's a lot quieter than the diesels and performs very well for a 1.6. It's very econimical and well suited for normal driving.

Of coarse you have to use 2nd and 3rd in mountainous roads. You can't always do as the panel advices you to.

The 1.6 GDI is an excellent engine for a medium sized SUV. On the highway : put it in 4th and floor it and you are passed anything in a matter of seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts