Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
KIA Sportage 2014 1.7 CRDi 2WD EcoDynamics Diesel 6 speed manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I used to live in Ireland, bought a used Kia Sportage 2014 last year, and then few months afterwards suddently had to move back to Spain. Decided to bring the car, as we really like it and would have been a real loss to sell it so soon.

Problem now is to register car in Spain the certification is not passing with the "inverse" headlights. I had the stickers on and all, but looks like that is not allowed anymore. Called KIA official dealer and to my surprise they not sure they can install EU headlights. I thought it would just be buy new ones and replace them, but seems there are problems.

Anyone done this before? I am totally enraged just thinking they cannot be installed and I would not be able to register the car here.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
143 Posts
Anyone done this before?
I've done it the other way round, fitting RHD headlamps to a LHD car. It wasn't a Kia mind you, but I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing to your Kia only the other way round.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage 1.7 CRDi
1 Posts
Hi,

I used to live in Ireland, bought a used Kia Sportage 2014 last year, and then few months afterwards suddently had to move back to Spain. Decided to bring the car, as we really like it and would have been a real loss to sell it so soon.

Problem now is to register car in Spain the certification is not passing with the "inverse" headlights. I had the stickers on and all, but looks like that is not allowed anymore. Called KIA official dealer and to my surprise they not sure they can install EU headlights. I thought it would just be buy new ones and replace them, but seems there are problems.

Anyone done this before? I am totally enraged just thinking they cannot be installed and I would not be able to register the car here.
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm moving to France this month and have a 2013 Sportage. About to order some LHD headlights, but if they're not going to fit for some reason then will need to reconsider our decision to keep the car...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts