Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the difference in electrical connection between these 2 fog lights,
basically i want to install the big fog light instead of the small one,
but from the picture i saw that the big one has 2 lamps , can somebody please confirm what is the upper lamp for ( in the fog light) and if the electrical connection will be ok if i changed from the small fog to the big one
regards

Attachments

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
Hello,browse this forum for more information regarding your inquiry,its been covered substantially. The other bulb in fog light is so called cornering light,it comes on when under certain speed you hit your turn signals to illuminate the side of the road. Cheers :)

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
what is the difference in electrical connection between these 2 fog lights,
basically i want to install the big fog light instead of the small one,
but from the picture i saw that the big one has 2 lamps , can somebody please confirm what is the upper lamp for ( in the fog light) and if the electrical connection will be ok if i changed from the small fog to the big one
regards

In order to swap fog lights you'll also need to swap the black insert surrounding the fog lights. Unfortunately, the insert with the large fog light cutouts (on the orange Sportage) won't fit in the bumper cover with the small fog light cutouts (as on the silver Sportage). It was an expensive "experiment" for me, but it was the only way to find out.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX / 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
16 Posts
@ Ahmed 911 98 > As slovaKIA said, it's called cornering light. But let me ask you a Quest are you changing that light for Beauty and Shape or for Stronger light on the highway ?
In the first case, you need to replace the WHOLE black bumper wide Fiber... holding the lights. But on the second case, I have a better idea for you : Change the bulbs to Xenon HID 8000K 55W bulbs (very nice and highly recommended) no fear on heating the plastic too !

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX
4 Posts
Hi All,

This is my first post but have been browsing for awhile. I've owned my 2013 Sportage SX for about a year now and am finally getting around to some upgrades. I too am interested in the fog light replacement and found this on eBay. Seems to be legit and OEM direct from Korea. Have any of you had any luck with these? I'm thinking of ordering.

Fog Light Corner Lamp Bumper Cover Wire Fit 2011 2012 2013 Sportage | eBay

Thanks much in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fog light replacement

In order to swap fog lights you'll also need to swap the black insert surrounding the fog lights. Unfortunately, the insert with the large fog light cutouts (on the orange Sportage) won't fit in the bumper cover with the small fog light cutouts (as on the silver Sportage). It was an expensive "experiment" for me, but it was the only way to find out.
Sorry to ask, but do you mean that you can not then replace the smaller units for the lager unit even if you replace the lower fog light grille with the correct cut outs?

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Sorry to ask, but do you mean that you can not then replace the smaller units for the lager unit even if you replace the lower fog light grille with the correct cut outs?
Nope, there were other bits and pieces behind that didn't line up correctly or needed to be cut off or just didn't fit the NA bumper cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope, there were other bits and pieces behind that didn't line up correctly or needed to be cut off or just didn't fit the NA bumper cover.
Thank you for responding, I appreciate it, no one has been able to advise on this until now.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
The only way the foglights will fit is if you can get your hands on a EUDM or KDM bumper cover since the cutout is a slightly different shape. You may also need to cut some of the metal bumper (behind the bumper cover), but that is just speculation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts