Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2011
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I have a 2011 Kia Sportage, I believe its the EX model.

I'm planning on doing modifications on it one bit at a time, so far I have installed some security and HID's.

Right now I want to put a Euro horn but I want to maintain the horn that came with the van. So that means running a 3way switch. Now the problem is I bought a normal switch but when I looked behind the dash i saw something like a connector in the back jacked in.

I don't know if this is a working jack or anything like that. I wanted to put the switch right there to keep it looking as stock as possible but if I can't cut into it to put it there I'll have to put it somewhere else.

I have attached pictures of the front and what it looks from the back.
looking forward to your responses,
much thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Kia Optima, 2006 Kia Sportage, 2008 Kia Cerato, 2013 Kia Sportage
29 Posts
The location where you want to install is the place where the Electroic Stability Control button goes.

My first and honest recommendation would be to take out the button covers and take a careful look at whats behind them, either an empty shell or a place tu plug in the OEM button for ESC, since the wires that your picture ilustrated go into only one corner of that box I would really look inside and see what's there.

Maybe someone else in the forum could elaborate more.

At least now knowing your trim level and what buttons are supossed to go there you can make a more informed choice.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2011
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks psymaster2k!
I would do as you recommend. But I just find it weird seeing that since there are no buttons there that there is still a jack with wires running into it :S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts