Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 month old Spectra LS (purchased in mid-August, 04). From the beginning, the power steering felt heavier than normal, ie. compared to other cars. Anyone ever felt the same about their Spectra?
Also, the power window motors emit excessive sound when engaged (noisy). I would just like like some feedback from other Spectra owners as to whether they have experienced the same.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by insomniac@Nov 12 2004, 02:16 PM
I have a 3 month old Spectra LS (purchased in mid-August, 04). From the beginning, the power steering felt heavier than normal, ie. compared to other cars. Anyone ever felt the same about their Spectra?
Also, the power window motors emit excessive sound when engaged (noisy). I would just like like some feedback from other Spectra owners as to whether they have experienced the same.
Thanks.
Hi, I am a Spectra owner too. From what I know (previously drove quite a few cars), the car steering is a bit heavier than usual, but to me it's not really that heavy, even though I'm quite small in size.

Besides that, I do have the same problem as yours with the power window. It is very noisy! During my second service back in October, I've complaint this to the service manager and I've got both my power window motors in front changed. But.... it is still very noisy! I guess it is the motor itself that is noisy, nothing much I can do about that :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts