Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.. just glad to join this community and sharing information on Spectra. I bought Spectra 1.6 in May and seems like its kinda gud car. Well, can somebody tell me what supposed to be Spectra fuel assumption?

Currently from my calculation for mileage and fuel, obviously my spectra would need approx. 0.1 liter / km. Meaning to say approx RM 0.15 / km. Usually i would fill up RM 20.00 petrol and that is for office - house / house - office travel. My house to office is approx. 2 km. If i fill up fuel on Sunday night, and no extra travelling (only house - office / office - house travel) for the whole week, it can last until the next sunday. But let say i had go to the town (approx 7 km) from my house, surely the fuel reminder will appear before saturday.

Can somebody furnish me with these...TQ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
I got my Spectra on October 04. While, about the feul consumption. Just to share with u mine, I put a full tank of RM 63. On town drive(non highway), it can end up with about 420KM before another topup with RM 64. For others, pls comment. I heard from them when i did the first time service in the KIA authorise service center. They can modify something in the engine fore better fuel consumption. But it cost RM 580...

Kindly pls share and comment for others.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,083 Posts
Originally posted by Hash@Dec 14 2004, 03:01 AM
Hi there.. just glad to join this community and sharing information on Spectra. I bought Spectra 1.6 in May and seems like its kinda gud car. Well, can somebody tell me what supposed to be Spectra fuel assumption?

Currently from my calculation for mileage and fuel, obviously my spectra would need approx. 0.1 liter / km. Meaning to say approx RM 0.15 / km. Usually i would fill up RM 20.00 petrol and that is for office - house / house - office travel. My house to office is approx. 2 km. If i fill up fuel on Sunday night, and no extra travelling (only house - office / office - house travel) for the whole week, it can last until the next sunday. But let say i had go to the town (approx 7 km) from my house, surely the fuel reminder will appear before saturday.

Can somebody furnish me with these...TQ
I dont know how to convert miles to kilometers but a usa spectra 1.8L gets about 30 miles per gallon. So per gallon wise id say that the 1.6 should be a little better.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Kia Spectra 1.6 should consume 10L/100km as per specifications if it is run within fuel economical zone (90 - 110 km/hr). However, other factors such as traffic, waiting time, engine conditions, road conditions, type of lubricant, and so forth....should be consider as well.

From my experience with Spectra 1.6 LS, it consumed 10L/100km or even more during running in period. However, I felt a great change in performance and fuel consumption after 1000km of service. The simple secret is change of lubricant vicousity from the present one to the lighter grade. E.g. engine oil change to Petronas Syntium (semi synthetic) oil..with viscousity of 15W/20...As a result, my fuel consumption will reduce from the original specs, 10L/100km to approx 8.8L/100km....12% reduction from specs...

If someone wanna to reduce some more, there is a promoter in Giant Kelana Jaya that promote fuel saving (15% reduced) product that could stand for 10 years. It cost you RM188.00 only.

Therefore, 12%(from change of lubrication viscousity) + 15%( from fuel savings element) = 27% total fuel reduction which is equivalent to approx. 7.3L/100km.

In term of money, 2.7L x 1.42 x 20,000km/yr = RM 3.83/100km x 20,000km/yr =RM 766.80....equiv. to 1 year of Car Insurance or 3 tyres, or free one whole 1st year maintenance...or whatever you want to replace with.

By then, c ya.. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
[attachmentid=195]
Originally posted by yammiking@Jan 22 2005, 07:05 PM
RM50 --- > 370KM, RM0.135/km, RM13.5/100km, almost 9.51ltr/100km, town driving

MY SPECTRA FC NORMALLY ->RM30=180KM(CITY) RM60=580KM(HIGHWAY)
THAT MY TRY AFTER ON THAT ITEM SINCE 1L=RM1.42

RM260MICROCOMPRESSOR->RM30=200KM(CITY) RM60=600KM(HIGHWAY)
RM499POWER OPTIMIZER->RM30=200(CITY) RM55=600KM(HIGHWAY)
RM188MAGIC JET->NO TRY YET
USE TOGETHER->RM30=200(CITY) RM55=600KM(HIGHWAY)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had my 2005 Spectra 2.0L 5spd for about three months, now with 5000 miles on it. My gas mileage has steadily gone DOWN with every tank. Has anyone else noticed this on a brand new car? It went from 30MPG to 29 to 27 to 26 to 27 and now averages about 26MPG. All of this is highway miles in Washington state (I-5) commuting every day about 50 miles one way.

Yuck. I need to move closer to work. :(

I read somewhere that the mileage is supposed to go UP after 5k to 10k miles...is that true? If so, why? I do MORE than regular oil changes, and go to the dealer for everything...but I just bought a CAI unit and I hope it doesn't void the warranty when I install it!!

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
183 Posts
Mushu:

I've also seen a drop of about 3-4 mpg over last several months with my auto 2.0l Spectra EX. I'm currently at 8,100 miles.

My daily drive (roundtrip) is about 30 miles, and prior to winter I was getting around 25+ mpg, and now I'm getting between 21-22 mpg.

Two reasons I've come up with are:

- My wife likes to start the car early so it's somewhat warm for the kids when I take them to school. This has accounted for about an extra hour per week of idling time.

- It's winter.... and it's cold here in Michigan. Fuel composition and burn dynamics change somewhat from what I've read online.

I'm taking my car in for an oil change this week, and I'm going to ask the service manager if he's got any ideas. Other than the mileage, I'm really happy with my car's performance so far!

-SM

http://spectraman.freeservers.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.