Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Depends on where it's broken...
I would first disconnect the negative terminal of the battery BEFORE attacking the wiring problem(s) with the SRS (airbag system).. Repairing the wiring "might" solve your light problem but chances are you may need to send off the SRS module for reseting... I don't believe the dealer can reset it...
You may be able to get a SRS module from a local salvage/junk yard from a car that the airbags did not "fire" on... You can also find on ebay persons that have reverse engineered these modules and CAN reset them for a price...
You will know if repairing the wire(s) will solve the light problem when you reconnect the battery's terminal...If it goes out your OK...if not the module will need to be replaced or sent out for reseting.
Dave

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you still have the warranty, go in and get the code read. Most of the generic readers do not do air bag codes. I have had to reset/reprogram 2 air bag control modules and it is kind of a process but all was well after doing the correct procedures. If you can get the code and I can help you out.

Can you upload a picture of the damage?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts