Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
kia soul ls 2012
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kia have a optional 6 month service interval for the kia soul
whats the advantage if any having your vehicle worked over every 6 months rather than the recommends 12 ?
so far the minor hassles Ive had [ill fitting carpets] and moisture in indicator light have been fixed [carpet ]or explained to my satisfaction[moisture]
only current hassle is a squeaky rear door hinge/hinges
any advice would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Ignoring any warranty requirement for 6 month service intervals, I can't see any benefit. Certainly if you keep an eye on obvious things like fluid levels and any sign of loose parts, you should be OK. I'm getting our Cerato done every 15,000 km (usually about 12 months, or when the car is at "home base"). No problems so far.

A lot depends on your driving conditions. Mostly highways plus gentle suburban for us, so that's not "severe".

When our Mazda 6 was new, I had it serviced every 6 months as required by the warranty terms. We were doing fairly high mileages in those days and were too busy to run around getting best prices on servicing. Mazda servicing costs didn't seem excessive until 5 years/100,000k service was due, so I then started taking the car to an independent garage every 12 months. No worries after a further 5 years of this "essentials only" regime. I heard recently that Australia is unique in requiring 6 month servicing for Mazda. -There's an historic belief that we have a very harsh auto environment. Not true for 90% of the country.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Jeorge
I see you are at Sunshine Coast; some good roads down that way. (I like the Maleny-Dayboro-Samford run). I'm NQ based.

You'll find 7,500 km service charge a bit steep if you choose to have it done, as it should be only an oil change/filter.

Use good quality oil and should be no worries for 15,000 km. We use Caltex Havoline Premium Plus 10W-30. KIA filter preferred.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts