Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2010 Kia Soul Sport. Now has 75,000 miles. I am the original owner. I recently had to change the brakes (Rear Rotors/pads)on it, and once completed, i noticed a odd sound and sensation. After inspecting the area, I discovered the parking brake was to blame. Pretty much Disintegrated. I decided to drive my 1999 Corvette for the last month before I could send the Soul off to get professionally repaired, so it has been just sitting in my driveway. I moved it after a couple weeks of sitting to a different location in my driveway, and then I noticed a few days later a decent puddle of oil that has leaked. It continues to leak, just sitting. I took a quick peak underneath and it seems to be either coming from the top of the dipstick, or the base of the dipstick where it meets the pan. Because it continues to leak, I have a feeling it is at the base. Would this be covered by the powertrain warranty? It is part of the engine (sort of) so I would think it would be covered. Also, any thoughts on why this leak would occur, wouold be great. I have let the Corvette sit for entire Winters (New York) and never experienced anything l ike this.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,531 Posts
Welocome to the site! Yes, it should covered under P/T warranty. You will have to take it in, to be sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welocome to the site! Yes, it should covered under P/T warranty. You will have to take it in, to be sure.
I sure hope so. I know when I had to replace the Starter in it, at like 63,000 miles, they said that wasn't covered by the 10/100,000, but would have been with the 5/60,000. I hope this is! I'll keep this updated. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts