Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul / Manual / Mileage: 32,500
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone aware of this problem that Kia cannot fix or figure out this problem.
My car basically lost power on the freeway. I could still start, it moves, but very, very slow.
I am the third car at this dealership with the same problem. The first two have been waiting for 2 months to get their cars fixed! I have a 2014 Soul manual transmission - other 2 Souls were later models, one manual, the other automatic.
I don't understand how the manufacturer does not know what the problem is and how to fix it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
974 Posts
Do you have any paper work from the dealership that you can scan and post a pdf here for us to read?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,140 Posts
If there's another dealership try them, and contact Kia Corp.

Is it still cover under warranty?

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
663 Posts
Can you share the fault code?
How did you find out it was knock sensor?
Aren't those sensors about $20 and relatively easy to replace on Souls?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I took it there a week ago. I went there today because they wanted me to have one of their loaners, not Enterprise Rental. I asked why I never got any type of work order or authorization to sign. They said since it is a computer analysis they can't write up a work order or estimate. When I spoke to them on Monday they said the computer had a knock sensor code - so that means they did hook it up to a computer, right?
They printed out a vague, incomplete form that lists some of the recalls I had done previously at another Kia dealer.
Told me to call tomorrow and speak to the service rep who I was assigned to (she was off today) and ask about the work order authorization. This person will not speak over the phone, she only texts! 😠
I should be still under warranty since I only have 32,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
974 Posts
PDF has no details, as you stated.
Vehicle should still be under warranty though.
Keep us in the loop as more is discovered by the dealership.
Knock sensors are really small microphones bolted to the outside of the engine block.
Easy to change out if you know what to look for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lou
I read that replacing knock sensors is not the real problem, it's telling you something is wrong in the engine.
I never had car problems like this before, so what do I know. 2 cars ago I had a Toyota Corolla for 14 years, my last car was a Celica for 20 years! Seriously thinking about going back. 🤔

1 - 7 of 7 Posts