Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 Kia Soul 2u 2l AT.
Can someone who has actually used the jack tell me where the four slots, circles or whatever are located so that someone like me can find them?
The manual seems to be of no help

Thanks.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
I've never used the jack before, so I checked and only took me a few minutes to figure it out. There is two notches on the rocker panel seam, where it illustrates in the manual, the jack mounts between the two using the notch on the top of the jack to hold it in place. There is also a small decal on the jack to illustrate this.

·
Registered
Subaru & Soul
6 Posts
I used my jack and spare

the other day and he jack worked fine, Fit in the notches just right. Sure glad I had the spare tire setup!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a nail in my tire recently, got into the back to get out the jack at the house to take the tire in to get repaired, and to my surprise no spare or jack! Just this little worthless air compressor. If the tire has a nail in it and won't hold air what good is the air compressor? I think I got ripped off at the dealership. Should have gotten a spare? I bought the car new.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
I got a nail in my tire recently, got into the back to get out the jack at the house to take the tire in to get repaired, and to my surprise no spare or jack! Just this little worthless air compressor. If the tire has a nail in it and won't hold air what good is the air compressor? I think I got ripped off at the dealership. Should have gotten a spare? I bought the car new.
depends where you are located (why its important you fill out your location and what you are driving) and what year your vehicle is. In the US the Tire Mobility Kit is standard in all models of 2013 Soul's, however, if you are in Canada The Tire Mobility Kit is standard on the 2013 1.6L model and the 2013 2u and 4u models come standard with a compact spare.
The mobility kit has a compressor and sealant bottle, see page 6/21 (US and Canada) in your owners manual for its correct operation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts