Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul Base, 2018
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My 2018 base model Soul, has been having an ongoing headlight problem. This is the second time I have had the problem over a matter of days. I turn off my engine and lights are in the off position. I get out of my car, double click lock on remote and then the lights come back on a few minutes later by themselves. It is not the brighter headlamps, so I guess they are parking lights? I have to come back out to car and start car, fidget with lights again (turning on and off). Sometimes they go off when I do this, sometimes they stay on (even when in off position). I then follow the same routine until they stay off. Last night, I came out of work and my battery was dead with low lights on and I had to be jumped. Then upon arriving home, it took me three times before the lights remained off for the night. They came back on twice. This happened before over a weekend and I took it in to dealership as it is under warranty. They could not get the car to replicate the defect over the four days they had the car so they returned it to me. Nothing happened again for about a month, now it is doing the same thing again. I am taking in the car tomorrow morning to be looked at but again it is no longer doing what I am complaining about. My only hope is that they come on (when in off position) tomorrow morning when I drive it in so they can see what it is doing. Any ideas since they couldn't figure it out before. Also, one last note. This morning, they came on briefly at my brothers (when car was off and lights off ) and then flickered off by themselves. My brother as an experiment, knocked the light casing and they popped back on.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,007 Posts
Hello! Have a 2018 Soul base model and have had a problem with headlights coming on at random times when switch is in the off position. They also randomly go off once on and flicker some while driving as well. When exiting the car, opening the door makes them go off and then I double click lock to keep them off. If I don’t double click (until horn) then they have come back on while car is off and locked. Any suggestions?
Is this the same problem that you created a thread on one month back?

Reactions: Shanimal27

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul
11 Posts
Hey all,

My 2018 base model Soul, has been having an ongoing headlight problem. This is the second time I have had the problem over a matter of days. I turn off my engine and lights are in the off position. I get out of my car, double click lock on remote and then the lights come back on a few minutes later by themselves. It is not the brighter headlamps, so I guess they are parking lights? I have to come back out to car and start car, fidget with lights again (turning on and off). Sometimes they go off when I do this, sometimes they stay on (even when in off position). I then follow the same routine until they stay off. Last night, I came out of work and my battery was dead with low lights on and I had to be jumped. Then upon arriving home, it took me three times before the lights remained off for the night. They came back on twice. This happened before over a weekend and I took it in to dealership as it is under warranty. They could not get the car to replicate the defect over the four days they had the car so they returned it to me. Nothing happened again for about a month, now it is doing the same thing again. I am taking in the car tomorrow morning to be looked at but again it is no longer doing what I am complaining about. My only hope is that they come on (when in off position) tomorrow morning when I drive it in so they can see what it is doing. Any ideas since they couldn't figure it out before. Also, one last note. This morning, they came on briefly at my brothers (when car was off and lights off ) and then flickered off by themselves. My brother as an experiment, knocked the light casing and they popped back on.
It is Kia's problem. Ask the dealer that you be given a loaner and tell them you will be back to pick up your car when they find and fix the problem. This gives them a strong incentive to find and fix the problem rather than asking you to keep coming back. They will likely pi§§ and moan but if you insist, you will likely win. It worked for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts