Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested drive a Kia Sorento last week. I was quite happy with it. However, my auto engineer friend told me that Sorento does not have a reliable engine especially when you use the cars for long distance quite frequently. Pls let me know is this true.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Welcome Honeybee :D . Tell everyone about this site.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
So far, the Sorento in General has been the most reliable Kia, no common issues, and no serious faults, the comeback rate for problems outside of normal service intervals is stunningly low.
A big pat on the Back for Kia.

·
Registered
31 Posts
honeybee,

Here is how it is man... I have been a Honda owner since I started driving which was only about 8 years ago. Owning a Kia was the furthest thing from my mind until I did some research on the 2003 Kia Sorento here in the US. After seeing the power, space, and study behind the build of the vehicle it was only a wise decision for me. I waited a year and bought the 2004 Sorento LX ( 3.5 V6 ) model and I am so pleased with this MID-SIZE SUV. I have about 28,000 Miles on it so far and it is running like a champ. It has great looks and what is even better great engineering behind it as well. The key to any vehicle running well is to maintain it and also use great fluids. I am useing AMSOIL full synthetic fluids now that the break in period has passed which was at 15,000 Miles. Do some more research and find out for yourself how great of a vehicle it really is. You will not be disappointed with the ( 3.5 V6 ), I can tell you that. If you have any questions contact me at [email protected]!

Your Friend,
Ravindra

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by honeybee@Oct 14 2004, 08:41 AM
I tested drive a Kia Sorento last week. I was quite happy with it. However, my auto engineer friend told me that Sorento does not have a reliable engine especially when you use the cars for long distance quite frequently. Pls let me know is this true.

I think you've been given some bum advise. I have a 05 Sorento with 5,000 miles in appox. 3 months. Very pleased with engine. My last car was 00 Chrysler 300M.

Bill

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I have a 04 Sorento. I have had it for 7 months and I have 9k miles on it. All of those miles are highway miles. 60 miles a day at around 75mph and no issues with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why would Kia put the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty on their cars? Because they have to? No, But because they can. Just enjoy the car, and let Kia worry about fixing it if it does actually go bad.

Allen :D

P.S. I was a honda top technician for the last 13.5years, the last 5 as a shop foreman, go figure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not driving a Sorento (yet) but I have been giving serious consideration to owning one and have spent the past two days searching the web for reviews on the 2005 model. Any advise will be very welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
I've now had my Sorento for 18 months and driven 22,000 miles in it. it took about 5000 miles to bed the suspension down and stop bouncing over the bumps. as the engine is guaranteed for 5 years (as is everything else including exhaust) if there was a problem it would be fixed for free. the only thing i would advise is that if you do go ahead and buy one check the oil frequently. Mine almost ran dry in the first few months as it only had delivery amount in. when i picked it up from the garage i was told to take it back after 1 year or 12000 miles. My previous new car was a Ford and they do a snag check after 1 month, 1000 miles. this is where Kia fall down on after sales service.
The alloy wheels have started to corrode and the electric door mirror has an intermitent fault (i fold my mirrors in every time i park as i don't want people walking into them). the mirror and wheels are being replaced free of charge.
I love my car - and would thoroughly recommend to anyone.
Ros

1 - 9 of 9 Posts