Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently has starter problems with my Kia (Delayed start-Need more cranking).Also during that time the engine light on the dash board had come on.But it vanished before even it got to the mechanic. I got it fixd by changing the starter motor.I did mention to the mechanic abt the engine light.He diagnosed this with a scanner machine and said everythings alright.This was a week back and I drove some 900 kms after tht.THIS MORNING when i started the car, i travelled probably 1/2 km and the car just lost power.It stalled.I cut off the engine and restarted it after 2 min.it started i moved it to a safer place.No sooner i had done it the car stalled again. I restarted it after a min. it worked and as soon as i moved to the parking lot 1/2km away it stalled.After that it wouldnt start at all for 25 min.It then started and worked well (ofcourse i didnt drive).I left the car running for 15 min and turned it off.In the evening when i went to start again it wouldnt.the Engine light has come on since this morning. NEED HOPE ADVISE BEFORE I JUNK THIS SHITE

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento EX
402 Posts
More Information

If you posted information about the car as well as the problem, it would help those willing to give you advice.

Information about the year, model (LX or EX), where you live, millage and service history repairs such as the Timing Belt Replacement and so on....

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Junk this site then...
What do we care.
Your the one the issue that wont take it to the mechanic to get fixed.
Your the one without a running car. So go ahead and 'junk' it.
No loss to the people on here that are return visitors and try to help others with experience/advice.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,475 Posts
Junk this site then...
What do we care.
Your the one the issue that wont take it to the mechanic to get fixed.
Your the one without a running car. So go ahead and 'junk' it.
No loss to the people on here that are return visitors and try to help others with experience/advice.
You need to back it off a notch or 2. I did not read that he won't take it to a mechanic. He did take it and the mechanic did not get a code. Your last line is the exact oposite of what people try to do on this site. He is frustrated and concerned. Have a little patience.

OP, if the light is on get it checked and get back to us. It sounds like you could have a crankshaft sensor or camshaft sensor going bad. They don't always throw a code. Good luck.

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
It sounds like you could have a crankshaft sensor or camshaft sensor going bad. They don't always throw a code.
Indeed I was going to suggest this myself. In fact I'm wondering if the initial problem was in fact the starter motor. I can't see a faulty starter throwing a CEL. May have been the cam or crank sensor all along.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts