Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks ,

I have placed an order for my Kia Sorento SI and expecting to get it in next few weeks :) . Mine is a bright silver color , SI variant don't know what is equivalent of that in US\Canada. But in here , its the base model.

Now , I am looking to buy paint protection film for my Sorento before it arrives so that I can place it over it and stop worrying about stone chips. I searched a lot but was unable to find any that are pre-cut for Australian model. Would appreciate if you guys can refer to me some links from where I can buy this.

I am atleast planning to do full bonnet and bumper.

Thanks a lot in advance
N.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All ,

So I managed to find a PPF that can be shipped to Oz. Product seems decent and I am willing my give it a try.

Only thing I need to know before I order is if Kia Sorento LX (US base model) = Kia Sorento SI (AUS base model) in terms of front bumper/hood shape & size

Would appreciate if someone can advise me on this !!

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
922 Posts
Having owned an Si, and staring endlessly at pics of the LX/EX/SX models, I'm going to go ahead and say that the LX/EX is panel-for-panel, the same as all of the models available here, in Australia.

The only cosmetic difference, is the rear reflectors and rear fog lights.

I hope you enjoy the Si, mine was an amazing vehicle.

Please tell me you got the CRDi!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having owned an Si, and staring endlessly at pics of the LX/EX/SX models, I'm going to go ahead and say that the LX/EX is panel-for-panel, the same as all of the models available here, in Australia.

The only cosmetic difference, is the rear reflectors and rear fog lights.

I hope you enjoy the Si, mine was an amazing vehicle.

Please tell me you got the CRDi!!
Thanks mate !
And sorry to disappoint you , its a V6. Diesel one was going over my budget..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi folks ,

Now , I am looking to buy paint protection film for my Sorento before it arrives so that I can place it over it and stop worrying about stone chips. I searched a lot but was unable to find any that are pre-cut for Australian model. Would appreciate if you guys can refer to me some links from where I can buy this.

I am atleast planning to do full bonnet and bumper.

Thanks a lot in advance
N.
Hi,

I am from Melbourne, and I have one whole kit brand new box pack for Kia Sorento SI, I brought it 6 months ago from Japs & Korean part importer in Sunshine and now that business has gone bust. I never got time to actually put it on and I have applied paint protection hence am not thinking to put it on. I am happy to sale it for $150 (I bought it for $175), it includes whole front (i.e. hood, bumber, side fedders) panels, all 4 doors, side mirror, rare bumper and rare top panel. If you are interested then text me on 0413 057 820 or email [email protected] I am in western suburb and I work in Richmond.

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
922 Posts
Thanks mate !
And sorry to disappoint you , its a V6. Diesel one was going over my budget..
I am disappointed. =p
You'd more than make the money back in fuel, due to the diesel using literally half the fuel of the V6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts