Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently bought the sorento xse. love it.
however, the satnav takes me on routes up to 25% longer than i would normally go on, even when 'shortest' route selected.
anyone got experience operating this factory standard option,or that could offer any advice.
i have used the tomtom satnav before and that seemed to offer proper, shortest, routings.
for info.... i have the vdo ms4150 satnav radio, with the Navteq mapping activated (although teleatlas also comes in the folder with the car), and i live in norfolk,uk. :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
:(
To be honest, all sat nav's will take you the way they feel is the shortest/quickest route. They can only route by the map system provided.

Local area knowlage will always win when it comes to this, you know yourself that the local 'rat run' through the trading estate etc will save you 5 mins here & there but someone from away or sat nav will not !

I have owned 2 very highly recomended sat nav systems with my Sorento ( 1 being an Alpine, bit to fiddly to use & no screen ..... & my current one, a Pioneer Avic X1 .... which is the dogs b******s ! ) Both systems have there faults & would take a local short cut the 'long way' around.

What you must remember is sat nav really is for using when you are somewhere you don't know your way around and in these cases you are unlikely to know of any short cuts anyway, so as long as it gets you to the final destination .... why worry !!!!

:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts