Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https: //i.imgsafe.org/ 17b370b180.jpg

This warning light lights up from time to time when driving. I'm not sure what it means. The mechanic said it had something to do with diesel filters (they were filled up). When the light is lit, the car accelerates very poorly and slowly. The light still lights up after the car was taken to a mechanic.

Also, sometimes it just won't start up. I have to try starting it up multiple times. Any help would be appreciated.

(sorry if I made any grammatical mistakes, English is my second language)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
The forum will need more information on the car. You mentioned diesel. What engine size, transmission, year and your pic did not come through.

oh and :00000732: to the forum.

And I am zero help with diesels.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
That's the 'water contam' sensor light fitted to the bottom of the diesel fuel filter. ie water from (bad) diesel has collected in the bottom of the filter and reached the sensor level (in theory). You can replace the fuel filter alone, re-using the water sensor - but make sure you get a filter that matches the sensor, there are different versions with different fitments. If you get a kit from Kia then you should get both - the sensor costs more than the filter! Kia sell both to ensure you don't have a mis-match. Several years ago, Kia switched from Bosch to Mahle filters as oem part as there were 'issues with the oem Bosch' (according to my source). If you just buy a filter, you can run with the supplied cap in place without the sensor. Just make sure the harness connector is secured out of the way and covered. Otherwise, sounds like a possible connection problem.

A bad sensor will normally just cause the light to flash intermittently (I had one that did that). Your issue sounds more than that. If a new filter does not fix, you may have issues with injector damage and/or pump.

If your manual says 'change every 40k miles (or equivalent)' make that every 20k miles or 2 years (or more frequently). They changed the service schedule when they changed oem supplier.

Here endeth todays lesson :amen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
blaze8x
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing