Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had made another post before and I ended up a few months ago buying the Kia Sorento SX 2015. So far I've been relatively satisfied with it. I find the AC is not so cold and the steering wheel is somehow shaky sometimes. Also at higher speed (over 150km/h) the SUV seems to be a bit more unstable than some others I have driven...

Now reguarding this actual post;

I've seen another Kia Sorento SX on the road, another 2015 for sure and he had some very nice looking headlights and fog lights. Definetely brighter FOG lights (the ones I have I assume they are halogens)
I tried looking on forums for a possible upgrade suggestion or conversion but I was not able to find anything really helpful.

I would like to first start by replacing the bulb for the FOG lights only so that they are LED and brighter. Is that possible? Meaning can you just switch bulbs and it works or because I request LED it means a conversion or different wires are needed?

Also do you suggest any particular fog lights?
Headlights I'm not in a rush to change them but if you have any advice or input reguarding FOG lights or headlights it would be appreciated

Thank you!
Picture of my current vehicle:

Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sorento SX AWD
1,870 Posts
I replace mine with bright Yellow LED. Much better to be seen and cast light that isn't absorbed as white it. The fixture reflects pretty good. The socket type is not going to allow for a very bright class however plenty as the control is minimal you don't want a head lamp bulb in there anyway. Overheating and blinding on comers would be an issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I bought these from Amazon, 30 bucks Canadian. Id say about 3 times brighter than the factory halogen fog lights. I upgraded my lows to 70 watt hella halogens as well, it's a huge improvement over factory with both lights upgraded.
And this was just plug and that's it? Like I mean you just connect the new ones or you gotta do some sort of re-wiring?

·
Registered
2015 Sorento SX AWD
1,870 Posts
Those fog light fixtures have good wide reflector. Cannot be really aimed at all. With those super bright lights you're likely to be putting the light quit high and not on the road blinding oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which ones? The one Sorento709 posted?
What is the type of bulb I should be looking for anyways? I see 881 onlinebut here it seems to be 880 ?

·
Registered
2015 Sorento SX AWD
1,870 Posts
I am a huge fan of going Bright Yellow as Amber isn't easy to find. You see much more in black or close to black surfaces. Yellow isn't absorbed like white light its. Also you stand out more to others as its not a sea of white lights on a busy road. Unflortunately my 2019 four eye fog light is LED already but not using a bulb in can replace. It an assembly part with it in it. Can't do much and it connect to a solid state module nearby powering it. I don't want to mess around with all that especially under warranty. First time in decades I could not convert fogs into Yellow lights. I run the all the time along when the headlights come by the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts