Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my new kia sorento ex awd version. this one is kind a different from the US version. in my country (panama) they just brought some of the features and configs.

For example there is only 1 motor config which is the old 2.4 DOCH in line 179 hp. Too bad, I know

So I wanna know if there is a way to be sure if my sorento has some of the following features

ABS: Anti locking Brake System
EBD: Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
ESP: Electronic Stability Program
TCS: Traction Control System
BAS: Brake Assistance System

For instance I know that there is no ESC button in the panel, there is just the lock differential button nothing more, so I assume that there is no ESP in my car, but what about the others systems wich doesnt need a button to be engaged, like tcs, abs...

also I notice that the fog lights are different. here there is picture where can see the differences.

the first one is half fog light and half tunr light, and the second is just fog light.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
559 Posts
Some of the features you mention such as ABS and TCS are now mandatory in Canada and i believe the U.S. The fact that your car has no ESC button is a clue.
With the differences that exist between countries it would be impossible to know what the equipment levels are in Panama. If your manual is as lousy as ours with most equipment labelled with a "if equipped", the manual may not help. I think you would need to find out from your dealer or the Kia company in Panama.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
Have a look on your local/national Kia website and should be able to find detailed specification about it.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
761 Posts
Some things you may be able to check yourself. For ABS, try slamming on the brakes on a wet patch of pavement. If you feel the brake pedal pulsing, that most likely means there is abs. There should also be abs components in th engine bay...near master cylnder. Be careful when testing...test brakes while driving in a straight line and not around corners or on loose gravel or sand.

I notice you have headlight washers...don't have those in Canada.

·
Registered
559 Posts
And perhaps corner lights as well given how the vertical light is split in 1/2 roughly. Saw a demo of how these work in a U-tube video of the South Africa car.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
And perhaps corner lights as well given how the vertical light is split in 1/2 roughly. Saw a demo of how these work in a U-tube video of the South Africa car.
Do you have the link of this YouTube video ?

·
Registered
559 Posts
This is the South African sorento feature video. About 1:20 into the video, you'll see a demo of the right corner light working.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nice thanks.

Other things I noticed :

Right driver (always funny)

Interior satin grey trim instead of "black wood" ones in North America

Top rear stop light seems to be leds : is it leds by here too ?

The red reflector in the inside bottom angle of front doors seem to be illuminated : is it the same by here too ?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Rear stop light is the same' appears to be two rows of led's; not sure whether two rows or one row with a mirror.

Inside door red reflector appears to be just a reflector. Think the idea is if someone is driving up beside you, will create a reflection warning that the door is open. Does look like a light in the video though.

There is a red lettered SORENTO along the bottom edge of the door frame that does light up when open the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts