Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(:( Dear fellow members.
I have been very disappointed looking for answers and have no where to go but come to you all for help in resolving the issue I am having with my 2008 Kia.

I love this car but I am having problems. The car starts fine but when i drive it looses power my gas paddle is fully touching the floor it feels like it is striving for gas, and some time it runs fine without any issues.
The funny thing is when I am driving and the car looses power and I move to manual gear and shift gears manually the power comes back fine, as soon as I put it back to auto it looses the power.

Can the Gurus of this forum help resolve the problem I am having please
God bless you all for the great work you all do here.
Bond

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
279 Posts
How is your transmission fluid, full/empty/burnt?
Do you have any codes stored, or the check engine light on? (post the codes if you have any)
Does the RPM's go way up, but the truck not going any faster?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for your reply God Bless You.
The fluid is pink. replaced transmission fluid and filter so in other words had the transmission serviced. (2) No, check engine light is not on. (3) codes I have not gotten those yet.
(4) RPM goes up the car going faster but stays in 4th gear goes real fast 1,2,3,4. and stays at 4 through out ( one day it will work great and then the other day it will not. Some times between stops like stop at wallmart the car will be working fine but when I finish at wallmart and start going to other place the car will give me problem. ) some one tells me it is the muffler, some one tells me its fuel pump, some one tells me its Map Sensor, and some one tells me its the fuel pressure switch,.
I have gone crazy thinking about what is wrong and have almost lost all my hair on my head.

Please help.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
279 Posts
Thank you for your reply God Bless You.
The fluid is pink. replaced transmission fluid and filter so in other words had the transmission serviced. (2) No, check engine light is not on. (3) codes I have not gotten those yet.
(4) RPM goes up the car going faster but stays in 4th gear goes real fast 1,2,3,4. and stays at 4 through out ( one day it will work great and then the other day it will not. Some times between stops like stop at wallmart the car will be working fine but when I finish at wallmart and start going to other place the car will give me problem. ) some one tells me it is the muffler, some one tells me its fuel pump, some one tells me its Map Sensor, and some one tells me its the fuel pressure switch,.
I have gone crazy thinking about what is wrong and have almost lost all my hair on my head.

Please help.
I would look at the transmission control module.
Also what method of transmission service was used? A forced reverse flush, or a slower gravity drain and refill? I'm wondering if some crud was knocked loose during the trans service and is now causing problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Day to all.
I took the car to the workshop where he first drained the oil gravity drained, then he opened all the screws of the pans, thus removing the pan, then replacing the transmission filter and put it back to gather and refill the trans oil.

I will see if I can have that TCM module looked at.
It almost feels like its GAS related. but I dont know.
God bless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.