Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone, I observed that with my Kia Sorento 2005 model, sometimes the tachometer drops to zero while in idle throttling and the engine vibrates a lot. The car can still move but is very slow with this condition. This issue comes up intermittently and the check engine light had come on about a month before I observed this problem. Please any suggestions on possible causes of this issue are welcome. I am in the middle east and communication with mechanics is a big problem so any clear and more definitive info will really help. Thanks a lot everyone.

Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi gee6:):), thanks for replying. Actually the communication gap is as a result of the language barrier since I'm in Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately, I don't speak the lovely language of Arabic. Wasnt referring to the 'Mechanic' language :)

Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
Hi gee6:):), thanks for replying. Actually the communication gap is as a result of the language barrier since I'm in Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately, I don't speak the lovely language of Arabic. Wasnt referring to the 'Mechanic' language :)
Yes, found the same feeling when I was stationed in Japan and Korea while in the military YEARS ago!
You are driving a 15 year old vehicle, what mileage does the odometer show and what maint. has it had to the engine. You reported that the CEL had come on, is it still coming on? The cars computer will store an OBD trouble code of what turned the light on. This needs to be scanned to retrieved to diagnose the problem and effect a proper repair. There are many things that can cause your vehicles symptoms....most notably for most Kia motors is the crankshaft position sensor OR internal engine part wear that the sensor works with.
Please be a bit more forthcoming with requested info, and maybe together a resolution to your vehicle's concern can be achieved here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Dear MIA KIA 09,

I am very grateful for your response. Indeed the car is 15 years old and has a mileage of about 192,000km. I will try to get it scanned and hopefully get a proper diagnostic feedback as regards the problem. Just one question....please did you get your problem fixed? Thanks again for your assistance. Regards...

Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
Dear MIA KIA 09,

I am very grateful for your response. Indeed the car is 15 years old and has a mileage of about 192,000km.....please did you get your problem fixed? Thanks again for your assistance. Regards...
I don't have your year or model vehicle, so never had the problem to fix personally. Spent many years as an "mechanic"(AUTO TECH), and been active reading the postings here on this forum to have offered what I have to you.
I will look forward to hearing from you when you can post back of any "codes". In the meantime if you are a DIY person, how about maint being done like spark plugs and throttle body and Mass Airflow sensor cleaning to start off with due to mileage on the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts