Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is going to sound weird, but would anyone be able to link me on youtube or record what the standard Kia Sorento 2003 horn sounds like?

Reason I ask is because ive put a deposit down on one, and as weird is it sounds I wanted to here what the standard horn was like.

Please, it be a great help! Cheers guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it a good tone? or is it a cheap shit tone? looking for an intimidating horn. Like a Ford Explorer.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Its a standard japanese/korean poofer beep beep.
more of a chirp chirp.

We dont get the explorer hear, but the Europeans have nice twin horns.
Also a deep tone. Even our skoda octavia has a nice load twin horn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a standard japanese/korean poofer beep beep.
more of a chirp chirp.

We dont get the explorer hear, but the Europeans have nice twin horns.
Also a deep tone. Even our skoda octavia has a nice load twin horn
Any chance you'd be able to record a clip from your phone or something :)

This is a ford explorer horn, the sorta tone that I find intimidating and want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha I dont want trian horns, just something like that one I posted.

Can anyone record there horn on there sorento. cheers

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
I don't have a recording of the horn, and frankly don't have any recording equipment that will capture it nicely either, but the auto accessory places all have aftermarket horns that can replace the not-so-aggressive horn in the Sorento. I'm also pretty sure that a junkyard horn from an Explorer (there should be PLENTY available ;)) will work if you splice the wires together. I put an air-horn kit in my mothers Chevy Aveo and hooked it to a secondary button that she would not easily find. The look on peoples faces when they see this little tiny car with such an aggressive horn... Just saying.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,699 Posts
This is going to sound weird,
and weirder by the post. Why not go to a dealer and ask a salesperson to sound the horn ......... or wait until you actually own one. Or is the sound a deal-breaker... I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah I was curious, I have my own dash cam recordings but have a wimpy horn, and none of the dealers have the Sorento i'am going to buy. I might just go buy an aftermarket horn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So pretty shit then? I might look at a Chrysler Crossfire horn, there excellent, heard one today.

Or will probably go for this:

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
If it means anything, the horn is a dual tone, both driven by a 12v feed. Aftermarket will be as easy as cutting out the old horns and splicing the wires to the new horns.

[devious grin]Might unhook the "low" tone and really confuse people.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers guys :) yeah looking for something deep! Brrrrrrt GET OUT OF MA WAY :p

This is the front of my new car as per the add, so the horns looks easy enough to get too - unlike most cars were you have to take the front bar and grills off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts