Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kia Sorento 2.4 - 2011 Check engine P0200A

Our company bought a 2011 KIA Sorento 2,4L in the United States and imported it to Poland. After 20 000 miles the check engine light came up with the P0200A code. After researching the internet, I found out that this is a common problem in the 2010-2011 models and in order to fix it the VCMA TSB086 must be replaced along with a program update to the 2012 version. Unfortunately, the KIA service in in Poland does not have access to the same program update as in the United States. How can I fix this problem here in Poland or how to get software?

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
Our company bought a 2011 KIA Sorento 2,4L in the United States and imported it to Poland. After 20 000 miles the check engine light came up with the P0200A code. After researching the internet, I found out that this is a common problem in the 2010-2011 models and in order to fix it the VCMA TSB086 must be replaced along with a program update to the 2012 version. Unfortunately, the KIA service in in Poland does not have access to the same program update as in the United States. How can I fix this problem here in Poland or how to get software?
Okay, lets clarify some items. The TSB ENG086 covers the new Sportage body for DTC P200A. That TSB has been replaced by service action. There is a TSB out for the Sorento under service action SA082 for just the PCM upgrade for DTC P200A. If the code returns after the upgrade, then they'll have to diagnose whether the intake runner has froze up or if the VCMA just needs to be replaced. As far as getting the upgrade done, that might be tricky. You may have to contact Kia's corporate office to get the ball rolling. If the dealer has absolutely no access to the US upgrades, the only solution possible is to have the ECM replaced with an updated part or the original ECM sent out to get upgraded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Paco,

I searched for information about service action SA 082, however the closest thing that came up was SC 082 regarding shaft noise.

Do you know where I can find more information about SA 082?

You mentioned the only options to upgrade the ECM, however would it be possible to purchase the upgrade and have it done over here in Poland or perhaps contacting service in the US and having the upgrade done via internet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After searching a little more I found the TSB regarding SA082.

I also called Kia USA and only got in contact with a pleasant lady from warranty and that they don't have anyone I could contact regarding technical isssues. Technical issues are to be resolved at authorized Kia service.

Returning to the TSB, I need a GDS Tool with the Upgrade event, "162. XM 2.4 P200A DTC LOGIC IMPROVEMENT." So, I'm assuming that Kia service in Poland have a GDS Tool just not the upgrade event I need. There is some GDS software for Kia online, but it is hard to tell what it is and if it's actually real.

Is the software something that you can easily get your hands on? Or is it something that can ONLY be taken care of through an authorized Kia service or dealership?

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
After searching a little more I found the TSB regarding SA082.

I also called Kia USA and only got in contact with a pleasant lady from warranty and that they don't have anyone I could contact regarding technical isssues. Technical issues are to be resolved at authorized Kia service.

Returning to the TSB, I need a GDS Tool with the Upgrade event, "162. XM 2.4 P200A DTC LOGIC IMPROVEMENT." So, I'm assuming that Kia service in Poland have a GDS Tool just not the upgrade event I need. There is some GDS software for Kia online, but it is hard to tell what it is and if it's actually real.

Is the software something that you can easily get your hands on? Or is it something that can ONLY be taken care of through an authorized Kia service or dealership?
The actual upgrade software is only available through the GDS tool. I'm pondering if you were able to get your hands on a GDS install software disc if it would be possible to do this or even the Kia service shop. You might see if they (Kia service) is doing anything to get ahold of the update software.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts