Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia shuma 1999 , 1.8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I'm having issues with a Kia shuma 1999 1.8 , I stopped using the car about 2 months ago and last week when I tried to use it it wouldn't start.
So my mechanic advised to buy the following items: car has new battery, new maf sensor, new CKp sensor, new cam sensor, ecm ecu has been tested with the immobilizer and new key with new chip has been installed, signals that come into the ecm have been verified (all working) car still not starting, fuel pump working, it just cranks but no spark, any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,249 Posts
Hello everyone!
I'm having issues with a Kia shuma 1999 1.8 , I stopped using the car about 2 months ago and last week when I tried to use it it wouldn't start.
So my mechanic advised to buy the following items: car has new battery, new maf sensor, new CKp sensor, new cam sensor, ecm ecu has been tested with the immobilizer and new key with new chip has been installed, signals that come into the ecm have been verified (all working) car still not starting, fuel pump working, it just cranks but no spark, any ideas?
Your best option would be to find a proper mechanic that has all the diagnostic equipment and knows how to use it.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,'11 Dodge Journey AWD,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,484 Posts
Back to the basics...Is there compression in the cylinders? Have you checked that the timing belt is intact or that in it's lifetime been replaced?
Please fill in your model,year, and location in your member profile area, it's required as per forum rules.as our moderator of the forum posted above.

·
Registered
Kia shuma 1999 , 1.8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back to the basics...Is there compression in the cylinders? Have you checked that the timing belt is intact or that in it's lifetime been replaced?
Please fill in your model,year, and location in your member profile area, it's required as per forum rules.as our moderator of the forum posted above.

Timing belt was replaced less that 5 months ago in routine maintenance, but it hasn't been checked with the current issue, I think I'll bring my car else where, since it's been over a week in that place and they still don't have a solution yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts