Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok hows it going kia people. I have migrated from honda-tech, and homemadeturbo.com to ask you guys a question. My friend has a 98 kia sephia and he is looking to turbo it. I have read and have been told from different people that in his car it is a 1.8 miata motor that they used in the car in 1994. This brings me to my question, will a 94 turbo manifold from a miata work on his car or will it require a little drilling or welding. I tryed using the search function but nothing came up. Im tired of getting flamed on honda-tech for asking this does someone have a answer for me thank ya much for your help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
your best bet would be to look up the numbers on the block and searching it online you should be able to fid a graphical image and information on it such as manifold schematics the compare bolt patterns to the miatas manifold

·
Registered
27 Posts
i know for my car (a 97) you can use a turbo kit from a mazda protege or 626 of the same gen, so im pretty sure you could use it for a 99 too, they have the same engine type & all so it should be compatible. im not sure about a miata tho. might work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts