1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia 1.8, 1984 Nissan 720 pickup,
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

im new to these forums so bear with me.

I have a 2000 Kia sephia and it ran smoothly no issues at all what so ever. One day I went to go in an errand run and it starts just fine until I let it warm up. Then we started having problems. The idle jumped up and down from 800 to 0 and the engine tried to save itself before it dies. I looked at the air cleaner and it was basically brand new. I cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner and I cleaned the throttle body by removing it from the engine and putting a new gasket. Cleaned the IAC valve port and the IAC itself. Torqued to spec. After that was all said and done I went to start the car. But during crank it won’t start unless I give it gas. If I hold the gas pedal at a little under 1000 RPM it idles fine until I let the gas go. I’m very stumped. I’m getting a code of P1505 and P1506 which is the IAC circuit which the description says “idle speed control actuator circuit 1-high” I’m very stumped and this is my daily. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,459 Posts
Make sure there are NO CRACKS or holes in the flexible tube between the Throttle body and the MAF that's mounted to the air filter box. And recheck for vacuum leaks from the throttle body/IAC area. Still a possible bad IAC, even though you "cleaned it" .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts