Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Kia Sephia, 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo, 97 Civic.
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Just thought id put out a post to sephia owners, ever since i had my 97 sephia, i had always had a strong gasoline smell behind my rear tire by the gass filler neck, and even after fixing my catalytic converter im still only getting 200 miles to the tank, i have the EVAP code for an air leak in my evap system, while looking up parts to fix my evap system i came across a recall for certain year and vin sephias(97-96) that require recall & replacement of all fuel evaporative hoses and hoses at the fuel tank, along with a seat belt buckle replacement. i called my local kia dealership, gave them my vin and i was eligable for replacement, they ordered the parts and said it will be fixed at no charge regardless of mileage or year, if you have these issues call your local kia dealer, hers the link to the tsb- AutoSmash.com just thought id post this so anyone with these possible safetey issues can get them resolved, good luck!:cool:

·
Registered
1997 Kia Sephia, 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo, 97 Civic.
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
they may have fixed my car free of charge, but it was made clear that the mechanics were upset of having to drop the tank to replace the hoses, on top of that, my car wreaks of gasoline, they did not clean the spilt gas, my seats on the underside have gas on them as wll as the upper sides, and there is a open hole on top of the fuel pump cover that should have a rubber peice inside of it that leaked gas fumes in my car the whole 79 mile ride home. it was not a very pleasant experience, i hope no one else has to go through this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts