Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 2000 Kia Sephia from auction and i wanted to start it as my first project car. Any ideas what i should start out with?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
What kind of project? Demolition Derby? Fantasy car? Daily driver? Learning tool?
Does it run? What's wrong with it if it doesn't?
Best idea is to give use much more information so we CAN help you!
Dave

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it runs and everything just need 0-2 sensors but its going to be my daily driver and i want to make it look and run nice. its a 5 speed and i probably need to paint it soon i was thinking about a silverish black color (its purple atm).

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Take a look at the thread "Custom Forte' Racecar mock up"... (link below)
I am not normally bowled away with designs but the colors and the graphics on this car should be used by KIA for a production car...Fantastic

The "running boards" and "dog legs" are a known rust problem with the Sephia so keep an eye on them... Did you get your car at a co-part auction?
I know that the public can bid on their auctions in NC..

What's the mileage on it? Change the timing/cam belt for sure and check the Sephia threads..
Dave

http://www.kia-forums.com/image-video-gallery/79498-custom-forte-racecar-mock-up.html

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i had my mechanic to take a look at it right after i bought it he changed the timing belt and said the water pump was basically brand new so that is taking car of he topped off the anti freeze and did a oil change. but yesterday the engine light came on and i read the code and just need to change my O-2 sensors but everything else is fine probably jus need to replace some things in the inside but just want some suggestions on wat yall think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts