Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a 2000 kia sephia that the break cylender went out on it so i take it all apart and every thing put the new one on and get ready to put drum back on and it wont go back on right its to tight and wont turn freely i have tryed ajusting them everything only go around about hafe want and stops and suggestings?

·
Registered
126 Posts
To Sephia brake problem: If your drum won't go back on and you have not installed new brake shoes than something is not installed right. It should go right back on. Are the brake shoes in the forks(if there are any) at the top at the wheel cylinder. This is what you worked on so this is probably where your problewm lies. Do you have a diagram? I have one from Chilton's Foreign Car book but how would I get it to you. Go over everything slowly and carefully, there is a way it can go back together if you installed the correct wheel cylinder. You may need to back off of the adjuster but I don't know why if you didn't instal anything except the wheel cylinder. Wait: are the pistons in the wheel cyklinder centered? You should check this carefully with a screwdriver. It should go in each end the same distance. Let me know how you made out. speedster1 [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts