Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys need your help .

Driving 1.5 kia sephia in Malaysia . need your advice

1) Car has a mild jerk during heavy usage ( long time running) especially sudden press on oil ( speed) . Why ?

2) few months back the battery was flat due to alternator faulty ( 3 year old) . Replaced with a recon unit due to the original could not be repaired (according to the tech is very expensive to repair). The recon is 60amp but the original is 70 amps. Do this cause any discrepancies on the performance of the car?

need your help/expertise advice?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
I also am having studdering problems in my spectra 1.8. Most all sephias have the 60 amp unit. this spectra I bought has the 70. I was wondering if it was the alt. I am going to replace mine with a 60 to see if there is a defference......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do u think it is the alternator . I thought the higher amp is better ? My original was 70amp . Now it was replaced to a lower amp ( 60) . Does this cause any low performance of the car .

Anyway,
the petrol filter was replaced on 16/08/2003 . I ovelooked on replacing it this year ( 2005) during the last service . Can this also cause the jerk during "D" mode at the begining of moving .

·
Registered
1996 Kia Sephia
8 Posts
My 96 sephia has a 40AMP battery, so I suppose the alternator is 40amp too. according to your posts above, it shold be at least 60. why the difference?

(I bought my car in latin america, maybe the model for this region comes in 40amp?)

thanks

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
93 Posts
I have seen a lot of posts concering jerking and car wanting to die at lights. If you guys figure it out please let us know :banana: :eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by kachro@Nov 13 2005, 11:01 AM
My 96 sephia has a 40AMP battery, so I suppose the alternator is 40amp too. according to your posts above, it shold be at least 60. why the difference?

(I bought my car in latin america, maybe the model for this region comes in 40amp?)
thanks
uhmmm battery amperage and alt amperage are not related, one stores charge while another circulates the charge and recharges the battery, and yes, A higher Alt is better if you have an increased electrical load (such as using sound equipment with amps and woofers. Lucky for me mine came with a 90AMP, I thinkt hey make 120AMP ones for our cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts