Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in a car accident. i had to replace my radiator everything works fine except for one thing my a/c wont blow COOL AIR. i went to pep boys and after a long wait they told me it was an electrical problem. basically nothing got resolved and i wasted my money.does anyone have an idea where the problem starts. could a fuse have been blown? i really don't know. i just don't want to spend an unnecessary amount of money again.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,921 Posts
The condenser is located in front of the radiator and may have been damaged in the accident (loosing refrigerant). Did they check the freon level for you? If that's OK then the next thing I'd look at is the wiring going to the compressor clutch ass'y. If the compressor is located towards the front of the car the wire may have been broken or disconnected during the radiator replacement.
BTW yes a fuse could be blown.
We are grasping at straws not knowing anything about your car (year/transmission/your "general location"/etc) We could help you better with a more complete profile.
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops sorry forgot about that ^_^... I drive a 2001 Sephia 1.8L MFI DOHC 4cyl.

it cant be the condenser because no refrigerant is leaking and i know its not a freon leak either because the men at pep boys told me that they checked.
the compressor is located on the right side of the engine. so it could be a wire that was disconnected somewhere in there or a blown fuse. i will post pictures if i can...
thanks for helping me Dave.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts