Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 KIA Sephia
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Kia Sephia with 89,000 miles on it has a good amount of rust on bottom don't really know who owned it before or what they did to it.
I've done the alternator, timing belt, battery, tires, coils, plugs, wires, brakes... recently cut out my bottom cat and put in straight pipe... found out it was my front cat that needs replacing. Should i do it?

Car runs great except CEL is on. Just passed inspection with some help from a friend so have another year on that.

Sometimes it misfires bad. Only runs 2 cylinders and can barely get up hills and what not but for the most part it runs great... always better with higher speeds.
I think the misfires (p0422, p0303, p0300, p0302) are a result of the back pressure built up from the bad front cat but I am no mechanic. Please let me know what you guys think!
I have a friend selling a 1991 toyota tercel with 100,000 miles on it.. although it has no ac it doesn't need anything so it is either fix my car and hope it lasts or buy the tercel.. let me know your thoughts.. thanks!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Yes, would do it - all that back-pressure is not good for the motor, since you nuked the main Cat, do the pre-Cat also, before the motor damage occurs,

Regards,
GottaCruise

1 - 2 of 2 Posts