Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 Kia Sedona with a new used engine just put in and a new A/C system. Since then the car cranks but will not start when the temperature outside is hot (it's been mid to upper 90's here. Never had the problem with old engine. Mechanics are baffled. They have replaced O-2 sensors, thermostats. When the engine is in their covered shop the car cools down and it will start as it will start in the morning when I leave to go to work. Battery is fine, starter is fine. It reminds me of the old days when I would maneuver the choke to get the right amount of fuel in. You can try cranking it 3 o4 times (sometimes 5-7 times) and then it will start.

The code right now is reading a transmission sensor needs checking but I'm thinking that wouldn't make it not start. I could be wrong.

Any suggestions I can take to the mechanics would be appreciated.

Doc Kathy

·
Super Moderator
9,211 Posts
Update user CP with location, vehicle model and year

Have a 2005 Kia Sedona with a new used engine just put in and a new A/C system. Since then the car cranks but will not start when the temperature outside is hot (it's been mid to upper 90's here. Never had the problem with old engine. Mechanics are baffled. They have replaced O-2 sensors, thermostats. When the engine is in their covered shop the car cools down and it will start as it will start in the morning when I leave to go to work. Battery is fine, starter is fine. It reminds me of the old days when I would maneuver the choke to get the right amount of fuel in. You can try cranking it 3 o4 times (sometimes 5-7 times) and then it will start.

The code right now is reading a transmission sensor needs checking but I'm thinking that wouldn't make it not start. I could be wrong.

Any suggestions I can take to the mechanics would be appreciated.

Doc Kathy
Welcome.

I would suggest you find a good mechanic, or a Kia service center.

What code is coming up?

·
Registered
95 Posts
May want to try changing the CPS (crankshaft position sensor). Common problem with a failing CPS is what you are describing (does not start when hot but ok when cold).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Gidner
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing