Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps i have the horrible job ahead of having to change the oil pump chain and tensioner i have already changed the pump as the chain guide snapped and the chain went slack and broke teeth off the old pump, when replaced I run the engine ok until oil gets upto temp then the chain starts slapping around, so guessing i should have changed the chain and tensioner at the same time :(... is this common?? as I am now going to have to do it all again this time Im going to pull the engine out is there a timing sequence for the balance cam or ladder assembly as they call it ????? :confused:

my email is: [email protected] please if anyone has a diagram or any info I would be grateful
many thanks

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,507 Posts
Where do you live? what year is your Sedona? Gas V-6? Diesel??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
details

hi sorry been a bit shy with details.... it is a sedona 2.9tdi 2001 based in Reading England :rolleyes:

·
Registered
kia sedona 2.9tdi 01, isuzui trooper 3.1td, Transit 2.4 2000
54 Posts
hi, i have done this job on mine 2.9tdi 2001 in place. have e mail with pump timing info pm your email. but from memory no1 at tdc, oil pump balancer timing marks together, fit chain turn engine over by hand no1 tdc oil pump balancer marks together. chain splitter needed to run chain over crank.
check my posts. cheers andrew

·
Banned
465 Posts
Oil pump

hi peeps i have the horrible job ahead of having to change the oil pump chain and tensioner i have already changed the pump as the chain guide snapped and the chain went slack and broke teeth off the old pump, when replaced I run the engine ok until oil gets upto temp then the chain starts slapping around, so guessing i should have changed the chain and tensioner at the same time :(... is this common?? as I am now going to have to do it all again this time Im going to pull the engine out is there a timing sequence for the balance cam or ladder assembly as they call it ????? :confused:

my email is: [email protected] please if anyone has a diagram or any info I would be grateful
many thanks
Alan

I have emailed the instructions in full from the manual

1 - 5 of 5 Posts