Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Kia Sedona which I purchased in August 2001. I love my van. However, my odometer has gone completely wild and my mileage is sky high. The dealership has checked and could not find anything wrong with it! They advised me to keep an accurate log. I had my oil and filter changed and in 2 days, my odometer showed 656 miles! I had only gone to and from work which totals out to 24 miles round trip. Is anyone else having a problem of this nature? Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sedona odometer reading high

I have a 2006 Sedona van and the odometer indicates 28,000 miles put on in 230 days or an average of 120 miles per day which is ridiculous because the miles put on just to go to work during that time was only about 3500 miles. Add nine road trips totaling 8100 and then refigure the average daily driving and you get (28,000-8100-3,500)/230=71 mi/day and that would be for basically odd errands ...again ridiculous. So I will be checking this out and will report back. The only two things come to mind: middle-of-the-night alien van abduction or some odometer issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts