Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 KIA Sedona EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2019 Sedona EX, and it did not come with the LED positioning lights, and instead just has incandescent orange parking lights. Is the infrastructure already there to activate or install the LED strips fairly easily? Has anyone done this and could give part numbers and pointers?

·
Registered
'15 Kia Sedona SX
129 Posts
With a quick search, I found the following:

"It would appear that the [2019 Kia Sedona EX] headlights only have the housings for leds."

"For anyone wishing to try and wire their position lights, check if your headlights have the LED's in the first place. Kia seems to have made 3 different versions of these headlights (based on the parts lookup), the "jewel" LED (SXL's, some SX's), regular LED (some LX's, some SX's), and non LED (L, some LX's). [ed. note: Model designations have changed over time.]

My 2017 LX for some reason came with the non-LED headlights - there are no pins for the LED's on either the headlight or the connector wiring harness, just blanks where the pins should be, like in mletchworth's excellent DIY."

And

"Has anyone looked into this:

[Ed: note: the link below is likely what you want]
exLED All New Carnival OEM DRL Activation Modules

I don't have a Sedona, but just pointing it out. I've ordered stuff for my Cadenza from exLED in the past, and they make good stuff.

The site above is their Korean international website. There is an exLED USA website - but the customer service, responsiveness, and shipping timeliness from exLED USA is terrible, and I recommend staying away from them.

More items for the Carnival:

exLED Custom Items :: KIA :: All New Carnival - exLEDSHOP by LEDSTUDiO.Corp."

And a related discussion (different model KIA).

·
Registered
2019 KIA Sedona EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am actually not looking to make the positioning lights into DRLs, but I am hoping to be able to determine the part number for the LED strips that "would be" there if it had them, and see if they can be added to the existing headlight assembly and wired in so that they just come on when the existing orange incandescent positioning lights are turned on. I have yet to inspect the actual vehicle, but should be able to this weekend. What is the best method to determine part numbers for OEM KIA parts such as the LED strips that would have been installed and come with the van if it were so equipped?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,607 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Johnny-5 look to my post with photo --> Convert positioning lights to DRL
Maybe You have a green board with electronic driver for LED in Your lamp. Lot of lamp have disconnected plugs. Maybe You have positioning led but it is not connected? Try and look up.
If not You must replace lamp. I have EX too but 2016 and I have LED positioning lamp oryginaly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts