Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a kia sedona and my front elletric windows don't give response, nor does the central locking. Checked a few fuses doesn't seem to be the problem. Any ideas?? Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Could be your switch panel in the drivers door. It is more than a stack of switches, and looks to be a control module.
There have been posts here concerning this. Mostly they were about loose or bad wiring. The door panel is not that hard to remove. The sealant used inside the door is a black goo which never dries.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the drivers window controls could be an issue. As I recall, the unit was a module, and not just a stack of switches. Maybe the connection plug to the unit could be reseated.
Nah Mate checked that too... Even the drivers console won't light up and yesterday my gf drove into a wall and the tail ligjt dont work but everything else does brakes too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bought a kia sedona and my front elletric windows don't give response, nor does the central locking. Checked a few fuses doesn't seem to be the problem. Any ideas?? Thanks.
No, I think all are wrong. The door controls panel rarely go bad.
The problem is the wire bundle that goes from the body into your driver door.
Due to the age and constant opening and closing of the door, plus the temperature changes through out the years, the wire inside get brittle and get broken.
So, you may have one or several wires in the bundle snapped somewhere along the wire between the door rubber grommet area.
I think there is some tool you can use to find shorted wires.
Nevertheless, you have to cut the wire and re-connect so that they are not shorted.
Trying to work around and between the door is a major pain.
Inside the door is okay but the wire is really tough from the joint into the body and under the dash.
It is not fun.
I know because our family van also did the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Car Does Not Have now: Heatedseats, drivers dashboard backlight, back window defroster, tail lights (brake light works), no front or back windows work (buttons on roof for back windows work).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well Car Does Not Have now: Heatedseats, drivers dashboard backlight, back window defroster, tail lights (brake light works), no front or back windows work (buttons on roof for back windows work).
The worst case scenario is your Body computer module is toast (I forget the exact word).

I would investigate finding a used one on ebay (that's what I did when I fried it by mistake when jumping the car during a raining day). It was around $60.

It killed the dash light, rear light when head light is on (dangerous at night due to others can't see you), power window stopped. The headlight still worked, engine worked and drove fine.

It's under the foot well carpet on the front passenger side. Pretty easy to replace, remove a few plastic panels screws, lift carpet and there is right there. It's on the slanted portion.

Just pull the one in yours and find one that's kind in the similar ID range - Sedona ones do not need to go to a dealer, they are pretty much interchangeable, I think. But, i still looked for one that was pulled from a similar model and year. I think next generation ones are a different story, though.

·
Super Moderator
9,541 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts