Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rondo 2010
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kia rondo 2010 (hatchback, tailgate, trunk door) is stuck in lock position :( the switch on the outside handle works because I can hear it (click) when press. Even the inside release under the small hidden compartment does not change a thing.

All fuse are ok, the issue seem to be inside the tailgate.

Removing the inside panel to fix the issue looks impossible as the door must been open to remove the panel.

good thing I’m not stuck inside the car...

Where did all the mechanical... no power... just manual operation as gone. Now everything is electronic when it fails your stuck...:mad:

anyone with a solution ?

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
446 Posts
I bet a dealer can open it up within one hour because they've seen it before.

Why don't you go see one ?

·
Registered
Past 2005 Sportage LX Present 2010 Rondo EX
15 Posts
There is a small cover located at the bottom of the tail gate interior door card, right above the door latch. Removing this cover will allow you access to the mechanical release mechanism for the latch. Push on the lever, and then apply pressure to the door and it will open.

The latch is normally electrically operated. Their is a motor with a metal gear on it's shaft that works against a plastic gear that operates the latch release. You can guess which failed on mine.

The tailgate would not lock, the door "floated" with only it's own weight holding it down. From Beckley West Virginia to Walt Disney World.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Rondo 2.4L, EX Premium
2 Posts
My kia rondo 2010 (hatchback, tailgate, trunk door) is stuck in lock position :( the switch on the outside handle works because I can hear it (click) when press. Even the inside release under the small hidden compartment does not change a thing.

All fuse are ok, the issue seem to be inside the tailgate.

Removing the inside panel to fix the issue looks impossible as the door must been open to remove the panel.

good thing I’m not stuck inside the car...

Where did all the mechanical... no power... just manual operation as gone. Now everything is electronic when it fails your stuck...:mad:

anyone with a solution ?
Eliteinfo, did you resolve this problem with your trunk?
I have a 2011 Kia rondo with the same issue. I tried the hidden latch on the inside of the trunk door, but it didn't release the lock! I think the inside plastic panel (#81750 on kia parts diagram) might be removable with the trunk closed, does anyone else have experience with this? Appreciate any updates,

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,960 Posts
Read the post just before yours... He gave the answer... I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty that had the same "problem" and when I remove it's access door and did some probing around I got it to release both on my car and also on other "donor" cars in my local "pull-a-part" yard...
It just takes a little time to find the correct item to pull...
Dave

·
Registered
2011 Kia Rondo 2.4L, EX Premium
2 Posts
I read all the posts and tried the lever inside the door. When I push it, nothing happens. I spent an hour messing around with it to no avail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts