Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this forum installed the KIA Cat Back Exhaust System KIA Part #UR061EX001 on their Rio5 ?

If So:

Does it have a decent tone to it and not that obnoxious "tin can sound" ?

Does the rear bumper on an EX Model interfere with the exhaust tips ?

I really like the looks of this system and I would gladly pay the $320.00 for it as long as I knew it had a mellow tone and fit properly.

Also any other suggestions for a cool looking tail pipe on my Rio5 EX would be greatly appreciated. I de-badged my black EX which helped, but I need to see some kind of exhaust tip back there!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,575 Posts
Dont know where you are buying this from, but, dealer cost is over $320.00, maybe your getting a used kit??

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
Depending on country, Kia have 2 different exhausts for the Rio. The only thing that changes between the two is one is a dual tip exhaust (found on the upper spec models around the world) and one is the single tip exhaust (found on the smaller 1.4 engines and low spec GDI engines).

Kia's exhaust is also in two seperate parts. The cat-back and the axle-back. One of those parts was around $750 last time I checked.

The cat-back will be the mid section and the axle-back is your muffler.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
Had look at site now that I at home and the only difference between the two is the tips. One is angled down to suit the lower rear bar insert of the lower trim levels and the other one is the dual tips found on any SX, SLS (Australia), SLi trim levels.

Its all cosmetic. Nothing more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts