Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me a list of the common problems found on '03 Rio?
What are the things to check for if I'm purchasing a used Rio? :mellow:

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio
182 Posts
i hope the hell none i have an 02 and no problemse yet. oh and i have 22000 miles only 2 or 3 recalls tho thats what u should check to see if they have been done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Usually when does one changes the timing belt? Don't want to be spend more than necessary. :grin:

·
Registered
2001 Kia Rio
107 Posts
How do you know when the recall has been done on your car? Is there a sticker or something that they put on the inside of the hood? I have a 2001 that I just bought a couple of months ago from a salvage yard. It had been fully reconditioned but was there for most of 2004.

·
Registered
2001 Kia Rio
107 Posts
I believe that I heard 60,000 miles on the timing belt. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have an owner's manual.

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio
182 Posts
take it to the dealer and ask to check if the recalls have been done to your car its free work. and yes most put stickers under the hood some where

·
Registered
37 Posts
60k on timing belt, If you dont get a Kia Timing belt get a gates, nothing else is worth a damn. Stickers go under the hood on the sidewalls or firewall or hood itself. They usually fall off from the heat tho. Call the dealership with your vin and they can run it for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.