Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day
My baby Rio was born in 2014 and want to add in the paddle shift function. I brought the paddle shifter and the extension wire from US but cannot function.

Is it need to replace clock spring to 18 channels as well since existing clock spring is 14 channels only? But I can't get any information regarding the different in between this two types of clock spring. The only thing I know is different in terms of heated steering and non-heated steering.

And after I dismantle steering and saw two set of wiring connected to clock spring which located behind of the clock spring. One more set of wiring is just blank. Not connected. The socket color is Red color. Is that wire is for paddle shifter or heated steering? Since 18 channels clock spring having three female sockets behinds.

Hopefully someone can help me on this matters.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi did you ever install the paddle shifters to your rio?? I want to do that same thing to my 2015 rio, if did succeed please explain to me what you did - parts ect??

Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2010 Mercedes Benz C300, 2005 Ponitiac GTO, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,118 Posts
He hasn't been here since June 6, 2015: the day he made that post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts