Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a new Kia Rio which over the last 3 months has stopped dead in heavy city traffic on five occasions, due to the fuel pump fuse blowing. The local service agents seem stumped- the first couple of times time they simply replaced the fuse, then they thought it was a short in electrical leads under the clutch. The latest idea is that it is the computer. Has anyone else experienced anything like this- I am getting fed up with calling out the recovery van!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi there, sorry to hear about this issue. I have never had it personally but I do have a couple of questions for you. What country i Wellington in? If in the united states, you are covered by the lemon laws if the same problem is continually occuring 3 times or more. If not in the united states, check your local laws for anything like this.

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by Ken@Nov 16 2004, 05:12 PM
Hello all,
I have a new Kia Rio which over the last 3 months has stopped dead in heavy city traffic on five occasions, due to the fuel pump fuse blowing. The local service agents seem stumped- the first couple of times time they simply replaced the fuse, then they thought it was a short in electrical leads under the clutch. The latest idea is that it is the computer. Has anyone else experienced anything like this- I am getting fed up with calling out the recovery van!
My 2001 Kia Rio just stopped dead during a left hand turn - mechanic says my timing belt broke and smashed all the pistons basically destroying the engine. This car had fuse replaced two months ago. This is very, very dangerous and should be reported to Transport Canada or whoever runs your government vehicle safety program.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hope you are going to the dealer and not just a local shop for this type of repair as the dealer would know the best thing to do. Not Knowing the situation (did you put any aftermarket accsories in the car?) it may be as simple as a faulty pump that needs replacing. Something that may be under warranty in your area.

Allen

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gday Ken,

Has anyone looked at the fuel pump itself for you? Ive had 2 replaced in 2 years under warrantyas the car used to just stop in traffic. Its been going well lately (Touch Wood) now that its out of warranty.

Hope you go ok.

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by compmatt@Dec 28 2004, 07:27 PM
Gday Ken,

Has anyone looked at the fuel pump itself for you? Ive had 2 replaced in 2 years under warrantyas the car used to just stop in traffic. Its been going well lately (Touch Wood) now that its out of warranty.

Hope you go ok.

Cheers,

Matt
WOULD IT JUST DIE IN TRAFFIC? AND WHEN TRING TO RESTART IT SOUND LIKE IT IS DRAGGING?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.